Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas preperation

Well, just finished the last of the Christmas cookie baking, did the traditional sugar cookie baking with the Momma, minus our little decorator, he's getting too OLD to bake cookies.... :( So needless to say, our cookies aren't as elaborate as years past. I'm trying very hard to stay in the christmas spirit. We are just having 'family day' this year, have been very minimal on the presents, a lot of small things under the tree. Nothing major, nothing to put me into major dept this year.

Actually, a lot of my presents are homemade....the biggest undertaking of which I am STILL putting off at this very moment by sitting here blogging instead of dragging out the scrapbooking things. As presents go, this one should be fairly easy, I just am afraid he is going to hate it. One of my best friends, I have been invited to join his family for their Christmas celebration on the 26th, he's one of 3 children and I love his parents as if they were my own. The sisters and his mom were easy, his dad wasn't quite so easy, but problem solved, he's the only one not getting a handmade gift not counting the cookie tray I'll be taking. Now there is just the boy....I have all the pictures printed out, that was half the battle in itself deciding what to use....now its just putting them all together....I have about 1000 ideas floating around in my head...just don't know how I'm going to put them out there on the pages.

I have chosen to make a me and my best friend album, for the most part....and I'm so afraid by making a not choosing something more general its not going to be as much enjoyed....I think that's why I keep putting this off. I only have tonight truely to work on it before Holiday festivities commence, last night I couldn't do anything cause he was here with me.....

Schedule looks like this....

  • Pre Holiday dinner with parents best friends 4p.m. today Including cards following dinner and cleanup.
  • Tomorrow, get up, walk across street to commence Christmas cooking, Ham, potatoes and whatever else mom tells me we're making.
  • Christmas Eve dinner at 4 p.m.
  • Time with Family
  • Christmas morning presents, Christmas breakfast and family day.
  • Sleep, 4:30 a.m. alarm clock to try to make up some of the pay for being off with no pay on Monday.....
  • Work til 3:30....places to go you see....
  • Stop home for presents, cookies and the Wickett..... head to Extended family Christmas function.
I feel like that darned character from Alice in Wonderland...I'm late, I'm late, I'm late for a very important date....

No comments: