Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Tribute to a lost friend...

Saturday it will be 10 years since you have been gone. I can't believe so much time has passed. You were so wise, and you never once seemed bothered when the little teenage and younger pain I was came following you around.

You never batted an eye when I asked a question or for advice. You were always so willing for a hug or a kind word when I needed it the most.

I sat and cried the other day when I thought of you, cause I didn't think I could remember your voice, and clear as day I heard you tell me to stop it that you were right here with me. I know your there, I can feel you sometimes, as well as the other wonderful people we've lost.

I talk to you when I feel overwhelmed, and I feel comfort in knowing that you are out there somewhere listening to me. Sometimes I swear your right there beside me. You guys all like to mess with me when I'm up there by myself sometimes, just to keep me on my toes, and I know when the cards and chips come out, that ur there too.

You taught me a lot in the time I knew you, and I have kept that with me. Even years after you were called home you and things you have said factored into the choices I've made.

For that I'm proud to have been able to call you my friend.

So as I sit and reflect, thank you, for the laughs, the advice and the friendship. And I raise my glass to you now as I honor you my friend. You are loved and sadly missed.

2 comments:

One Wink at a Time said...

What a lovely tribute. We should all be so lucky to have someone like that in our lives, for however long or short it may be. I'm glad he was there for you :-)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm- you r slacking, remember, this is the blog you are going to let "loose"! LOL! I know you have been busy!